For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page.
- You must present your Driver’s License or other acceptable form of picture ID.
- This information is kept in house and not given to anyone unless required by law.
- Once you accept your bidder’s card you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions as posted at each auction.
- All announcements made the day of auction take precedence over any and all written or verbal statements.
How does the auction work?
- The auctioneer will be calling out bids and you raise your bid card to bid.
- We Do Not Except Bids from anyone without a Bidders Card.
What if I buy something at the auction and decide I don’t want it?
- All sales are final. By registering you are agreeing to the Terms & Conditions of our auction
What does ‘as is where is’ mean?
- As is where is’ means what you see is what you get. That’s why we strongly encourage attendance of the previews before the auction. We are open one hour before our auctions to preview. If we have no preview we will describe the item to the best of our ability and if it has a chip or anything we can see we will tell you.
Method of payment?
- All items must be paid for immediately after the auction. We accept Cash Credit/Debit Cards.
- We DO NOT accept Checks!!
Do you take consignments? What is a consignment?
- A consignment it when you bring or we pick up items to be Sold at auction in our auction house or other facility as will be stated on your contract.
- We are accepting more and more consignments. Just keep in mind that we don’t have reserve prices on most items. But because of that it can lead to higher prices. Give us a call if you have any questions about consignments.
Auction or Garage Sale.
- If you have a few items that are not of great value, a garage sale makes perfect sense.
- For entire estates, downsizing, valuable possessions or moving we are the better way to sell your merchandise. Such as antiques, furniture, good glass ware or kitchen ware not broken, hand tools or jewelry, an auction can bring you more money for far less personal labor.
- We will strive for the highest prices possible, but no sales prices are guaranteed and Consignor’s Property will be auctioned WITHOUT MINIMUMS, RESERVES, OR CONFIRMATIONS unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Consignor and Auction Company.
- We will strive for a better price with our advertisement on our website and other websites to promote your merchandise and our auction. Our goal is to sell your items for the highest possible price and use your auction time wisely.
- If you do not have an entire estate to sell, consider consigning your most valuable items to our auction so that you will have the greatest opportunity to get the best price.
How do I get my items to the auction location?
- If you have a small amount of items you may bring them to our Draw Night Auction. That is where we have multiple sellers that bring in items to be sold at auction. The seller will hold up the item and present it to the crowd. If you have a large amount to sell we will take it in on consignment to be auctioned on one of our Consignment night auctions. We will do a contract with you as law requires in NC & GA. You will receive your payment with approximately 15 working days following the auction
What items do you take on Consignmnet?
- Antiques, Collectables, Furniture, Appliances, Quality Pottery and High-End Glass, Kitchen Items, Coins, Clocks, Watches, Banks, Cast Iron Toys, Toys, Flat Screen TV’s, Marbles, Signs, Jewelry, Military Items, Tools & Power Equipment, Farm Equipment, Boats, Knives & Swords.
What items we do not take or sell at Auctions?
- Guns, Clothing, Shoes, Used Mattresses, Pillows & Bedding, Plain Glass, Broken Items, Non-Working TV’s/VCR’s, Mildew/Moldy Items, Dirty or soiled items. Stuffed Animals
- Other items at Auctioneers discretion.
When will I get paid?
- You will receive your payment within approximately 15 working days following the auction. You will also receive a final settlement that you must sign and return to us. Each item will be listed as sold per item, items sold in box lots will have box lot with most items listed.
The seller’s fee is called a commission. The commission rate is different from each seller. Our commission rates are from 0% to 50% of the hammer price of your merchandise.
Why such a broad range of our fees? Our commission varies with each seller depending on the merchandise you have. Our seller’s commission rate is confidential between the auctioneer and the seller as stated in our contract. This is our professional standard practice within the industry
If you have any questions regarding our auctions please feel free to contact us via email or phone.
The Colonel ©1995-2017